Thursday, September 30, 2010

Armed, but not very dangerous.

Snapshot_20100930_2

We got us some guns! The little gang that has emerged here with the Mikes and I, now have some weaponry. We all got different kinds of air-soft guns. Mine is a semi-automatic/single shot spring/battery powered thing, Mikes is a CO2 powered pistol, and Michaels is a spring powered pistol. They’re pretty fun except Mike is being a kill-joy and won’t let me shoot it in the car or in public anywhere. Something about not wanting to get arrested. Whatever. (It’s really difficult to convey sarcasm via the written word). The gun shoots through leaves and I shot a chicken kind of by accident and it wasn’t very happy. But, I did shoot myself in the foot and it’s not that bad. Anyway, endless entertainment shall ensue…

 Snapshot_20100930_3  That’s the big news for the day. I did have this whole plan to go to the Kona side to see the woman I met on Sunday, but it didn’t work out. Bummer. I’m starting to make some friends that I recognize around town and it’s nice to be integrating into the community. It helps that I hang out at the beach, I was there yesterday and it was glorious. There was a guy who was playing the flute for awhile and it was just beautiful to hear nice music and watch the waves and the horizon. He was also the guy who told me I looked lovely while I was naked. That was a first. I’m not used to the attention that I’ve been getting from men here, but that’s a-whole-nother post…

I definitely feel like I’m becoming part of the family on the farm though. Becky really likes me, which I knew she would, and that is apparently a pretty rare thing. She also has a shop in Pahoa called Jungle Love (who are the #1 sellers of Pure Hemp Rolling Papers in Hawaii) and I’m going to help her to screen print some t-shirts AND there is a christmas parade that they make a “float” for and my participation is mandatory.

I feel extremely lucky to have ended up where I did and with whom. I really feel like I took a shot in the dark (totes into this gun thing…) and ended up here and it was as if I was just meant to come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment