Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I guess he’s more of an X-Box and I’m more of an Atari

…gotta love Cee-lo.

I was really worn out from my hike on Sunday but it didn’t really hit until yesterday, but I crashed out at like 6:30pm and slept right until 6:30am. It was crazy, I woke up at midnight and thought it was really late but had already slept 6 hours. Needless to say, woke up well rested and ready for work. Apparently I even slept through the giant pig coming back and Becky chasing it away from near my cabin with a broom.

I really enjoy work and it feels so good to be able to say that. There is no reason not to be doing what you want to. I feel like I was a piece of a puzzle with a pretty obscure shape and I fit perfectly into a little notch on this island. Apparently, I’ve been reduced to analogies.

Anyway, this morning I planted 500 tomato seeds including the Geronimo variety :) and I continued to work on hanging string from the greenhouse ceiling and clipping them to the keikis for support. Here’s a picture of the progress.

0913001239

I also decided that I’m going to make a stop frame movie charting the progress of tomato plant growth in the greenhouse. It’ll take a few months to take the pictures, but I think it’ll be really cool. I know you’ll be holding on to your seats in anticipation. But in the meantime, here are some of the beautiful tomatoes that are ripening in another area of the greenhouse

0913001240 

I saw some guys surfing yesterday and I really got to thinking about it and how much fun it looks. I really have to try it. I am such a water baby and why wouldn’t I want to play on the water and go really fast on a board? It’s on the list. Here’s the beach where they were surfing…

0913001441

A cat has adopted me! It’s name is Boo Bear, but I call it Boo Boo. It (unclear of gender, but who cares, anyway?) just started hanging out at my cabin rubs against my legs whenever I come through. Boo is really cute and when it wants me to keep petting it, it gives me a little love bite on my finger. Pretty cute, but I haven’t decided if I want it to live in my house with me yet. Boo keeps scratching at the front screen and I feel a little bad. Here we are…

0914000741

I also saw the tiniest frog… so freaking cute.

0914001128

No comments:

Post a Comment