Sunday, September 19, 2010

How Rude!

It's hard to believe that I would be in the middle of the jungle in the early morning sweating profusely as I chase a rogue pig down the road with a shovel.

The pig was back again this morning. The pig has been back every morning for a week, actually. I was awoken at about 6:30 by him (his name is Bouli apparently) crashing around the jungalo. Becky has been chasing him away every morning and trying to re secure the pen down the road at the farm where he belongs but he keeps breaking out. Anyway, I chased him away but he went towards the greenhouse and Becky is paranoid that he's going to get in there and if he does he could cause thousands of dollars in damage. He already has broken two of the water containers for the dogs (he drinks from it and then knocks it over and rolls in it, because he's a pig) and eaten the dogs and the horses food. Anyway, Becky comes around and grabs a shovel and chases him down the driveway, but she's wearing a dress because she's getting ready to go to the store, an she is getting really pissed about this situation. Well Bouli came back not 20 minutes later and this time went under the house, where he could easily knock pipes loose and stuff, and Becky ran to get a firecracker while I watched him. The firecracker didn't phase him at all and it could have lit the house on fire, but he finially came out and I chased him away with a shovel. Apparently, the owner hasn't been feeding them or giving them water and so Becky feels bad, but they're not her responsibility and Bouli has been wreaking havoc.  The owners father lives down the road and he told Becky to shoot it to show his son what happens when he doesn't take care of his animals but Becky has resisted all week. I think this morning she had it though and I think Roach and Wolfgang are coming over later to shoot it. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be here for that so I'm about to get ready to go to the beach. Going to Kehena on Sundays has become something that I look forward to all week...

No comments:

Post a Comment