Monday, September 6, 2010

Zee Tree Haus

Yesterday I went to the beach again and this time was smart enough (?) to go to the cafe first and get a big beer before I hitched to the beach. I had a nice conversation with Ashmarie on the phone while I walked to the cafe even though it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel and she talked me through an awkward experience where a guy stopped on the other side of the road as I walking and started backing up while I was walking towards him. Unclear. I think he may have been looking at my tits, which is kind of foreign to me…
Anyway, with my inhibitions diminished I talked to a bunch of people on the beach and I’m on my way to making some friends. My favorite people I met were this woman Susanna from Arkansas who had a 6 year old kid named Fairy Sprinkles, the exceptionally beautiful woman that I noticed last week who is a glass artist, and this man named Charles who is a rogue professor from Swarthmore. He taught music, dance, and religion and would come here in the summers and then he took a sabbatical here and they are still waiting for him to come back. Apparently he still works with them sort of, so we had some fun conversations about the tri-co and Philly. I really liked this guy, his positive spirit was radiating.
The other cool thing about the beach is that both weeks that I’ve been there, there has been huge rainbows in the sky as I’m leaving. So freaking beautiful.
So today I worked in the morning and then Mike and I crammed into Michaels truck and went to the hot ponds. It was high tide when we got there so there was more ocean water in the pond then fresh water, so it was colder than usual and REALLY salty. It was cool, I could float easily on my back with my legs crossed and my hands behind my head like I was lying on the water It was almost like when I went swimming in the Dead Sea . But the salt was bothering my eyes so I got out sooner then I usually would.
Now Mike and I had some dinner and we’re hanging out in the tree house, and I decided to take some pictures with the webcam. It’s pretty shitty. But here are some pics of the tree house…

Snapshot_20100906
The stairs upstairs. Is that redundant? Snapshot_20100906_1  Mike in a nook
Snapshot_20100906_3
The top of the tree and you can kind of see the other nook/dining areaSnapshot_20100906_4
The counter/sink

Snapshot_20100906_5 The Bathroom with the toilet on the right mostly covered and the shower outside to the left
Snapshot_20100906_6 Outdoor Shower… so cool to do, except I haven’t been showering here, I’ve been showering at the pond to save water. The rain situation is getting ridiculous and I’ve only been here for two weeks, it’s been like this for almost a year. It teases us and rains just a little bit most days, but we really need a big stormSnapshot_20100906_7
This is the showerhead and the coconut tree that is behind it Snapshot_20100906_8
And finally, so you don’t forget what I look like..  Plus a dragon fruit! How cool is this fruit?

1 comment:

  1. only read an entry or 2 and don't really know exactly where you are or exactly what your doing but it seems very eco-friendly, totally cool, educational, and very laid back. You look happy and that makes me happy. sending love, Mz

    ReplyDelete