Friday, September 17, 2010

In gun time, every day is a fucking year.

I’ll go in order. The day before yesterday, we went over to one of Michael and Becky’s friends house who lives a couple streets down from Eric. We had to be in the area because Eric owed Mike money and he has been dicking him around- (side note- if you’re following the saga- conclusion made: Eric is a sleaze ball and nobody really likes him)

Anyway, get this: the guys name (self proclaimed-duh) is Wolfgang VonBongclogger. HA! His real name is Gary. And I met their other friend, Roach, who used to be a bull rider. He has really cool tattoos that I’d emulate. But Wolfs girlfriend, Kathy #3, showed me all the cool plants around. Here’s a real live pitcher plant!: They’re carnivorous and you could see the fly guts in the pitchers.

0915001535 0915001533 

This is called a Hellaconia- it was really cool and I split one open and looked inside, which was also really interesting.

0915001515

These! are what the seeds of a bird of paradise tree look like. You know those cool flowers that look like birds? Of course a flower as cool as that would have little orange pom pom seeds.  0915001509 

0915001510

And this is another tiny frog that I captured in a bowl of water. They’re baby coqui (because they make a co-kee sound) frogs, which are an invasive species and they are really loud at night.

 

0915000919

And yesterday I bought a bike! I found one on craigslist and we went to Hilo and I got a bike for $50. I haggled it down from $60! It’s pretty nice too.

My other purchase from yesterday was airsoft sub machine guns on the internet for the Mikes and I. We sort of have a gang. It’s very exciting and I can’t wait until they arrive.

Today was pleasant, I spent the morning weeding and cleaning out an outdoor garden and then I shoveled a shit ton of horse shit and dumped 5 wheelbarrows full into the soil to help prepare it for when we plant beets in there.

Then as per usual, we went to the ponds. Swimming everyday is so glorious and this water is so easy, floating and swimming about is easy and the water is usually pretty warm. It’s so pleasant and relaxing and it was a good way to get off all of the sweat and dirt and residual manure that accumulates during work.

I had an interesting experience today where I met two little kids. They had short hair and so I assumed they were boys and when I asked the guy with them if they were his boys he said “they are their own girls”. At first I didn’t understand and then I felt like and asshole for acting so unenlightened about gender and succumbing to stereotypes. Unclear. They were really nice though and they go there a lot, so I think I made some new friends today. Keiko is 8 and Keely is 6 and I tried to teach them front flips even though they were really good at back flips.

Until next time…

1 comment: