Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting to know you....

Ugh, I am seriously lacking in the regular posting department. I think I figured out why though; I'm finally getting familiar with the farm and with work and with living in this area. It's nice to know some of the roads around here and the names of the towns and it's good to have people to hang out with at the beach.

Things are going well, nothing too crazy has been happening, but perhaps I'm just getting used to some of the more ridiculous aspects of working on a farm and living in a small community. I really like it though. I'm pretty glad that I'm not going to bars all the time and doing stuff like that. I love being outside all the time and now that it's getting cold on the east coast, I am seriously reveling in these hi-80's days.

It's been raining here the last few days! The catchments are slowly filling up and hopefully this is the beginning of the rainy season... It's been pretty glorious hearing the rain on my tin roof and boo boo really appreciates having a roof to sleep under. Boo still hasn't gotten over the biting thing yet but I think he's just persnickety about how he likes to be touched. Understandable.

I've been reading a lot of fiction, which has been good and entertaining seeing as we didn't have electricity for a few days. I'm reading Even Cowgirls Get The Blues by Tom Robbins. Obviously, Michael gave it to me and apparently it's a hippy stable book. Pretty entertaining so far and I'd really like to meet someone like Bonanza Jellybean.

Umm, what else? The fridge broke, so we had to get a new smaller one. The fridge is powered by the generator but only gets charged for 5 or 6 hours a day making things go bad real fast. I also learned that salt and the tropics don't get along.

Alright, alright, I'll do something here soon that's exciting and I'll post pictures or tell you about it or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment