Monday, October 18, 2010

Inspiration and Expiration

Sunday was quite the day as it tends to be but alas I’m loosing connection (kindof) with techmology and I forgot to charge my phone to take pictures of all the cool and interesting things that I saw. So, to satisfy your booboo craving of the day, here he is in all his glory, snoring away. You might think that the snoring is caused by his vertical sleeping position, but really, I just turned the picture because it looked better this way. Still unclear as if he actually snores and what the cause might be. Notice my coconut ashtray…

1018102104

I decided to go to the big farmers market that they have on Sundays near Pahoa called Mu’ku’u market and so after walking the 1.5 miles to the usual pick up point and after getting a ride to Pahoa with a guy who thought global warming was a conspiracy, I decided to walk the rest of the way the market. I knew it was on the same road and I knew it was kind of far but after encountering someone who wouldn’t believe in the facts if I had showed him the figures, I decided the walk would allow me to think a lot about the world and all it’s inhabitants and all the different opinions about the earth and other humans. Turns out it was 3.5 miles away. It was alright though, because it was a nice warm day with some clouds and I worked up an appetite for the delicious and eclectic food that they have at the market. I got a delicious vegan sandwich, because it was cheap and had loads of organic veggies and some kimchee with shrimp. I ran into a nice guy that I met a few weeks who lives near the beach and he offered me a ride there. So that was nice not to have to hitch.

Anyway, Sunday. Beach Day. Social Hour(s).

Since I have been going to the beach now every Sunday since I got here, the regulars are starting to recognize me and I’m making friends with people and then get to hang out with them the next week. My whole day is spent walking around from one group to another and hanging out with people I’ve already met and meeting new ones. And of course I go swimming, but also dance to the drum circle music or hula hoop with this incredibly beautiful woman who wears feathers in her hair, or swing on a tree swing, or play with children and puppies or climb stuff. Sunday is always such a fun day but I’m always super exhausted walking up the driveway, in the dark, later then I stay up most nights.

This past Sunday, this girl Allison and I climbed the sheer rock wall at the back of the beach using roots from a tree growing at the top near the road. It was so exhilarating and something that I have wanted to do since I saw someone do it the first day I was there.

The ocean did bang me up pretty good though. I got tossed in this HUGE wave and smacked my face on the bottom and then a rock hit my head too. Ouch. My jaw hurts and I have a little tender bump on the top of my head and I had a nasty headache, but I’m pretty much okay. I was pretty lucky though because a nice woman named Jenny offered to rebalance my energies (she does reiki and healing massage) and her hands were incredible, she really helped and I think I would be in more pain today had she not done what she did. Unclear.

Then, a nice guy named Froggy, who plays in the drum circle offered to give me a ride and his friend Joshua jumped in to. The three of us ended up hanging out for a couple of hours and had some really good conversation. We also laughed a lot too, which is always a lot of fun and especially with people you’re just meeting.

This post isn’t really going where I thought it was going to go and I have a lot more to say about everything, but I feel like if I make it too long, you won’t read it. Especially since I’m not really stating anything extremely creative or profound. That’s where the inspiration part comes in. Since starting this blog, I’ve gotten into reading other peoples blogs and some people write so eloquently their personal social commentaries, or worldy observations, or comical retorts to pop culture, or they have extremely creative photographs and blog formatting. Ugh. I am hoping that this will help to improve my writing and that one day, my stories will have you on the edge of your seat in suspense. Just you wait.

Perhaps if I had some freakin’ feedback. C’mon, how come most of my comments are from my mom? Not that I don’t love an appreciate her more than anything, but throw me a proverbial bone here.

6 comments:

  1. Most people who read blogs will never make a comment, but they are out there reading.

    I'm enjoying reading about your adventures hon and I think you are doing a great job, I always look forward to when you have a new post.

    Keep on Keeping On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your blogs! Your mom told me about you, and I fell in love with Hawaii last Thanksgiving. Reading your adventures makes me feel like I'm back again. I'm planning on going back to the BI next summer, so hopefully we'll get a chance to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to confuse "purring" and "snoring." How's that for feedback, squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... so Mother Nature gave you a little slap on the head, ay? And if your momma tells you (again) to be Really Careful, will you? And where is the closest hospital should you ever need it? OK, maybe go for the philosophical approach to the blog. Social commentaries and all that. Because your momma will still worry about you, you wonderful kid! Thanks for your comment Elle- I know you and Jeanette would instantly like my fabulous/adventurous child.Maybe we can all meet in Hawaii- how about January?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA. Momma Beth's comment is the best comment yet on this blog. Hands down.

    Proverbial bone officially thrown. Sounds like Hawaii is the perfect place for you, my extreme-walking, food-adventuresome, inquisitive and crunchy 'mater/butter friend :)

    <3w

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiiiii! i miss you! are you alive? i love your blogs. your life is so interesting. definitely more so than my life. love you.

    ReplyDelete