Sunday, October 17, 2010

Do most cats snore?

Because, I’m pretty sure mine does. Now, just to preface, we had a cat named Cato when I was younger, but since I tend to be rambunctious and that tendency was accentuated as a child, Cato endured a lot of excited harassment. Well, I learned my lesson after a few nasty scratches to the face, but since have not really been a “cat person”. I haven’t ever sought them out at peoples houses and I generally think that why would you have a cat when you could have a dog. However, as of recently, I would estimate around middle 2009, I have started to actually enjoy the company of felines and after living here and being adopted by booboo, I’m really starting to cross the threshold into catdom. For instance, yesterday, I went on a cat tour and spent 10 or 20 minutes with a bunch of different cats scratching them and hanging out. This is too much for me and I fear the resultant need for feline companionship.

I tried to catch booboo snoring…

1016101159

There are so many cats here that I could take a picture of each one and have soooo many blog posts. But, alas, I think if this became a cat blog, less of you would read. So, I’ll try and resist this urge.

Okay, actually, this is Snuffy and he is extremely cute. I like to call him Shabby though- it  just fits better, I think.1015100735

Work this week was pretty good, a couple of the grafts that I tried actually worked! The big project I worked on was constructing and installing irrigation lines for some new troughs that we also prepped the soil for and planted keikis in at the end of the week. This is the first time in about 3 years that all three bays of the greenhouse have had plants in them and is an accomplishment and a step towards making this a profitable business. Speaking of which, Becky told me that when the middle bay starts producing in a couple weeks, she’s going to start giving me a stipend. Michael told me that she has never offered that to a WWOOFer before. I know that I wasn’t too worried, but it’s really nice that she likes me and I’m glad because her life has been really stressful lately and I want to help make it easier. 

Here are the newly planted keikis in the foreground (notice the excellent craftsmanship on the black irrigation tubing), the teenaged tomatoes in bay 2 in the middle ground and then way in the back, you can sort of see the oldest crop, which is on it’s final legs of production. That crop was producing 50 lbs a day at it’s prime with an average of about 20lbs a day for about a month. Pretty cool.

1014101702a

Alright, well it’s Sunday, which means it’s beach day. But first, I think I’m going to go to this thing called E-dance. It’s club dancing to techno and house music and the like at 10:30am to get your endorphins up every Sunday morning. I have some friends who’ll be there, so I think I’m going to attempt to meet them.

Although I miss the changing leaves and fall and layering, I so love the fact that it’s the middle of October and I can still go to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment