Thursday, August 26, 2010

DROUGHT ;/

Kalapana is going through a drought right now, since last November.

This a rainforest and Becky estimates that its only rained 10 inches this year.
That is bad news. The farm relys on a rain catchment system but when it doesn't rain, there isn't any water to water the plants. There are water trucks that deliver fresh water- but no companies will come out here and up the windy bumpy drive way..
It is raining a bit now so here's to hoping that it rains all night.
I just recorded this video because I am really into this webcam capability. How is the video quality?
Pictures to come soon.
Also- for the record, I don't normally like bananas and that was the fourth one that I've had today...
Also- There was a lizard in my room earlier :) and there have been a bunch of toads and frogs. And you know, I love catchin me some frogs

2 comments:

  1. Darling- this is great! What a wonderful beginning to keep us all close to you as your journey unfolds...thanks!!

    Can we Skype soon?
    I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RYAN! I also am loving your blog!

    Michael sounds like a nice guy. ;) And the hot pond sounds soooo cool! You did mention that you can see lava entering the ocean earlier, but it is a pretty fantastic fact so I'm glad you reminded me. It's worth bringing up multiple times, and I would love to see a video or picture of it!

    I love and miss you lots. I will try to give you a call tomorrow!

    Love,
    Julie

    PS: The videos are great - like Weezie said, I really liked hearing your sleepy time voice. :)

    ReplyDelete