Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hot Ponds, Eric, Gaga, Habaneras, Boozler

 

I tried to up load a video and a post yesterday before I went to the hot ponds but it just wouldn't work for me. And the video won't work now either. They were good. You should be disappointed.

First here is a picture of the hot ponds:

247

This place was soooo incredible and Eric found me an extra snorkle mask so I literally floated and looked at all the fish for two hours. And it’s really cool because up at the breakwater, sea water mixes with fresh water and you can see that brackish action underwater. Michael goes every week day- so I think I’ll be spending a bit of time here.

Second, the tree house…Snapshot_20100827

Okay, so yesterday was my second day of farming. It didn’t rain very much the night before or since, but Eric borrowed a 250 gallon tank that fits into the back of a pick up truck and we down the road to a free spigot from the county and filled that tank up and brought it back and rigged some hosing down into the pond. So, if it doesn’t rain- there is an option. We’ve already hauled about 4 loads since yesterday.

So, Eric is another affiliate of the farm and the funder for the greenhouse.

He is a character- I'm sure this blog is going to get a lot of time about him.

Oy, he is very particular which is a nice way to say anal and he's just got a lot of energy and ambition but sometimes he seems to direct it in such an intense way that it puts people off.

So, he was and is and will probably continue to test me.

I really could go on about this guy, but the one thing that I know will get to me fast is his incidence on reminding me that I'm a "girl". He keeps asking me stuff about decorating his place and shit and how "girls have comon sense" or whatever and I told him it had nothing to do with being a girl. Ugh. We'll see..

But, he also came with this guy Mike who is sort of like his side kick- excpet Mike is going to move here to the property and fix up a little bungalow. He's cool too- he lost everything, his job and his house in Seattle WA and came here 6 months ago, then he got into a bad motorcycle accident, but things seem to be looking up for him.

After the hot ponds, I ended up going to Erics place and I stayed the night, which he is turning into a bed and breakfast that he wants my friends and family to stay in…. (he’s sort of a scheming business man, did I mention he’s also a mortgage broker?) But anyway, he grows habaneras, so I made delicious omelets with them this morning. He also has a sauna that we went in last night. He was naked though. Interesting fellow.

The other thing that happened yesterday is that I gained an appreciation for Lady Gaga. I thought that I would be able to get away from gaga- but I was working outside the greenhouse yesterday and grown men put it on. So, after listening to the album about three times, I decided that it really did have substance. It was funny though because Michael- the old hippie guy who works here- he didn’t realize how popular gaga was on the mainland/the world. I told him I would show him the Bad Romance video- and I know it will blow his already tripped out mind.

Eric also has a dog named Boozler and we instantly got along. I wish I could have him. But… Eric did offer to give me this other dog named Maggie who is a white pit bull type thing. Its really tempting and I really wouldn’t be surprised with myself. eee. I kinda want her…

But this is booz and I- he’s a JRT…

254

Going to go on a hike this afternoon and see some lava from 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment